This is a 3-Year PDE Approved Program of Study – CIP Code 46.0399
Why Electrical Occupations?
- AC/DC Motors
- Commercial/Industrial Wiring
- Green Technologies
- NEC Code
- Residential House Wiring
Certifications Students Prepare for:
Related Student Organizations:
An instructional program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills necessary to install, operate, maintain and repair electrically-energized residential, commercial, and industrial systems, AC motors, and electrical distribution panels. Instruction emphasizes practical application of mathematics, science, circuit diagrams, use of electrical codes, and includes sketching and other subjects essential for employment in electrical occupations.
Reading and interpretation of commercial and residential construction wiring codes and specifications, installation and maintenance of wiring, service and distribution networks within large construction complexes area also critical components of the program.
- Avionics Technicians
- Electrical & Electronics Repairers, Commercial & Industrial
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Electrical Power-Line Installers & Repairers
- Electrician Helper
- Hydroelectric Plant Technician
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Signal & Track Switch Repairers
- Solar Photovoltaic Installer