Why Automotive Technology?
- Electrical & Electronic Diagnosis
- Engine Performance & Diagnosis
- Safety & Maintenance
- Steering & Suspension w/ Alignments
Certifications Students Prepare for:
- ASE Student Certifications
- Certified Emissions Inspector
- EPA 609 Refrigerant Recycling Certification SP/2 Safety
- PA State Inspection
- ASE Study Guides
- Complying With The Section 608 Refrigerant Recycling Rule
- PA State Auto Inspection Quizlet
- PA State Inspection Mechanic Practice Test
Related Student Organizations:
An instructional program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to engage in the servicing and maintenance of all types of automobiles and light trucks.
Most employers regard the successful completion of a training program in Automotive Technology as the best preparation for trainee positions. High school programs, while an asset, vary greatly in scope. Graduates of these programs may need further training to become qualified. Students who complete this program are well prepared to enter entry-level technician positions or to advance their technical education.
The ability to diagnose the source of a problem quickly and accurately requires good reasoning ability and a thorough knowledge of automobiles. Many technicians consider diagnosing hard-to-find troubles one of their most challenging and satisfying duties. For trainee automotive service technician jobs, employers look for people with strong communication and analytical skills.